Bibliography of Theft Related Books
- Abelson, Elaine S. 1989b. When Ladies Go A-Thieving: Middle Class Shoplifters in the Victorian Department Store. New York , NY : Oxford University Press.
- Baumer, Terry L., and Dennis P. Rosenbaum. 1984. Combating Retail Theft: Programs and Strategies . Boston , MA : Butterworth.
- Belson, W.A. 1975. Juvenile Theft: The Causal Factors. London : Harper & Row.
- Berry , Joy W. 1982. Let's Talk About Stealing. Newark , NJ : Peter Pan Industries.
- Bowlby, John. 1947. Forty-four Juvenile Thieves: Their Characters and Homelife . London : Bailliere, Tindall and Cox.
- Cameron, Mary Owen. 1964. The Booster and the Snitch: Department Store Shoplifting. New York , NY : Free Press of Glencoe.
- Carpenter, Cheryl, Glassner, Bruce D. Johnson, and Julia Loughlin. 1988. Kids, Drugs, and Crime. Lexington , MA : Lexington Books.
- Carr, Dan. 1984. God, I need to Talk to You About Stealing . Concordia Publishing House.
- Carroll, John, and Frances Weaver. 1986. "Shoplifters' Perceptions of Crime Opportunities: A Process-Tracing Study." In The Reasoning Criminal , edited by Derek B. Cornish and Ronald V. Clarke, pp. 19-38. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Cobb, William Ervin. The Economics of Shoplifting . Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , 1973.
- Cornish, Derek B., and Ronald V. Clarke. 1986. The Reasoning Criminal: Rational Choice Perspectives. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Crow, Wayman J. & Bull, James L. 1975. Robbery Deterrence: An Applied Behavioral Science Demonstration . La Jolla , CA : Western Behavioral Sciences Institute.
- Cupchik Ph.D., Will. 1997. Why Honest People Shoplift Or Commit Other Acts Of Theft. Canada : Tagami Communications.
- Curran, Debora A. 1984. "Characteristics of the Elderly Shoplifter and the Effects of Sanctions on Recidivism." In Elderly Criminals , edited by William Wilbanks and Paul K. H. Kim, pp. 123-141. New York , NY : University Press of America.
- Edwards, Loren E. 1958. Shoplifting and Shrinkage Protection For Stores. Springfield , IL : Charles C Thomas.
- Erickson, Rosemary J. 1996. Armed Robbers and Their Crimes. Seattle , WA : Athena Research Corporation.
- Farrell, Kathleen L. and John A. Ferrara. 1985. Shoplifting: The Antishoplifting Guidebook. New York , NY : Praeger Publishers.
- Feeney, Floyd. 1986. "Robbers as Decision-Makers." In The Reasoning Criminal , edited by Derek B. Cornish & Ronald V. Clarke. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Fein, Sherman E., and Arthur M. Maskell. 1975. Selected Cases on the Law of Shoplifting . Springfield , IL : Charles C. Thomas.
- Feinberg, Gary. 1984a. "Profile of the Elderly Shoplifter." In Elderly Criminals , edited by Evelyn S. Newman, Donald J. Newman, Mindy L. Gewirtz, and associates, pp. 35-50. Cambridge , MA : Oelgeschlager, Gunn & Hain.
- Feinberg, Gary. 1984b. "White Haired Offenders: An Emergent Social Problem." In Elderly Criminals , edited by William Wilbanks and Paul K. H. Kim, pp. 83-122. New York , NY : University Press of America .
- Goldman, M.J. 1998. Kleptomania. New Jersey : New Horizon Press
- Griffin, Roger. 1988. 25 th Annual Report: Shoplifting in Supermarkets . Van Nuys , CA : Commercial Service Systems.
- Hall , Jerome. 1935. Theft, Law And Society. Boston , MA : Little, Brown, and Company.
- Hoffman, Abbie. 1971. Steal This Book. New York , NY : Grove Press.
- Houseworth, Steven. 2002. The Psychology of Stealing: The truth about why people steal.
- Kaufmann, Arthur C. Combatting Shoplifting . Operations Division, National Retail Merchants Association, New York , 1974.
- Klemke, Lloyd W. 1992. The Sociology of Shoplifting. Westport , CT : Praeger Publishers.
- Lesser, Ellen. 1989. The Shoplifter's Apprentice. New York , NY : Simon and Schuster.
- Macdonald, John M. 1980. Burglary and Theft . Springfield , IL : Charles C. Thomas.
- Murphy, Daniel J. I. 1986. Customers and Thieves: An Ethnography of Shoplifting. Aldershot , England : Gower.
- Patterson, G. R. 1980. "Children Who Steal." In Understanding Crime: Current Theory and Research , edited by Travis Hirschi and Michael Gottfredson, pp 73-90. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- Rehm, J. & Servay, W. 1986. Bank Robbery from the Perspective of the Bank Robber . West Germany .
- Sennewald , C.A. 2000. Shoplifters vs. Retailers . California : New Century Press.
- Shulman, Terrence D. 2004. Something For Nothing: Shoplifting Addiction and Recovery. Haverford , PA : InfinityPublishing.com.
- Walsh, D. P. 1978. Shoplifting: Controlling a Major Crime . New York , NY : Holmes and Meier.
- Walsh, Marilyn E. 1977. The Fence: A New Look at the World of Property Theft . Westport , CT : Greenwood Press.
- Weiner, Norman L. 1970. "The Teen-Age Shoplifter: A Microcosmic View of Middle-Class Delinquency." In Observations of Deviance , edited by Jack D. Douglas, pp. 213-217. New York , NY : Random House.
- Witkin , Georgia . 1988. Quick Fixes and Small Comforts: How Every Woman Can Resist Those Irresistible Urges. New York , NY : Villard Books.
- Ziolko, H. V. 1988. "Bulimia and Kleptomania: Psychodynamics of Compulsive Eating and Stealing." In Bulimia: Psychoanalytic Treatment and Theory , edited by Harvey J. Schwartz, pp. 523-534. Madison , CT : International University press.
Taking a theft class, theft course or attending a theft school can be a very helpful way to guide your life away from stealing, shoplifting or other theft behaviors which in the short run are very appealing. But, in the long run a life as a theft offender, a life of stealing, shoplifting etc., is one which leads to a dissatisfied and unfulfilled life. Certainly some people are down and out and, as such, feel the need to steal, shoplift, or commit some other form of theft but let me say... there are always options which work better than stealing. Think about your options - there are always options to stealing, shoplifting or other forms of theft. A theft class / theft course or shoplifting class can help!
Take a theft class from Offender Solutions®.
Take an anger management class from Offender Solutions®.
Get started on a better life - now!
Copyright © 2005-2019 Offender Solutions® Inc., All Rights Reserved
March 7, 2018